My Progress

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Still Here.......

I know I haven't written it a while, there was St. George, then it was the end of school and a lot going on with that, then the yard work, digging, planting etc. I also got sick. So I am still here and doing well. I have been doing the P90X at home instead of going to the gym to work out and I actually really like it! I did start out on the lean version but felt it wasn't just what i wanted so I have now started on the doubles this week. The difference is the lean has a little more cardio and not as much weight training but I like a fair balance of both. The doubles also has you do the ab video 3X's a week instead of 1, and some of the days you do the cardio in the morning and the weights later in the day. So you do more work with the doubles and I am hoping the results will be faster. I guess I just like pain! You do have to commit to it 110%, not just the workouts them selves but the diet is crucial. If you are doing the workout and pushing your self to your limits and then go a little farther but aren't focused on what you are fueling your body with all of the sweat, tear, and pain will have been for nothing. Sad but true, diet is 80% of your fatloss, 10% exercise, and the other 10% genes. SInce diet is a huge portion you really need to spot on and there is no room for error. Ideally you should be eating 5-6 smaller meals a day, each meal must consist of lean protein and complex carbohydrates. I like to try and eat all of my fruit early on in the day as well. Fruit does contain natural sugars so by eating them early you are more likely to burn them off easier. Here is a sample of what I would eat in a day.

Meal 1: 1/2 cup oats (dry measured) mix in 1 tablespoon each wheat germ and ground flax seed. Handful raspberries or blueberries. Protein shake mixed with water
Meal 2: 3 egg whites scrambled season with pepper and garlic powder, mix in 1/2 cup cooked edamame 1 apple
Meal 3: Protein smoothie made with light soy milk, and frozen berries, maybe a banana, or I might make one with a little coffee, banana, and almond butter
Meal 4: Albacore tuna mixed w/1 tea spoon olive oil mayo, pepper and a splash of lemon juice, sliced cucumber and roma tomato and melba toast
Meal 5: 3 stalks celery and 1 table spoon almond butter or all natural Adams peanut butter
Meal 6: Grilled chicken, steamed aspargus, green salad with a balsalmic vinegar dressing

Remember your diet needs to be perfect or your workouts won't mean a thing. It won't always be easy, and you will have bad days, the key is to just get right back on the clean eating path and it will all be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment