My Progress

Monday, March 29, 2010

Hardcore Eating.......

For the next 7 days I am going to be doing Cooler 1 diet plan from the Eat Clean Diet book. Cooler 1 is very hard because it is very restrictive, and should not be done longer than 2 weeks max! Why do it then?? Because it delivers awesome results if you stick to it 100% and follow it perfectly. Cooler 1 is used to jump start your metabolism, break through plateaus, use it if you have an event coming up and want to drop a couple inches or pounds. I am using it to break through a plateau my self. So for the next 7 days I will be posting what I eat and my exercise for the day. If you want to follow my diet you can, if you are new to clean eating I would suggest baby steps and not follow it unless you have great control because it is very hard. The best thing for beginners it to change your diet a little at a time, eating clean is a lifestyle and to go all the way from day one can be hard and frustrating and chances are you won't stick to it. Start out slow. But if  you are brave and want to give cooler 1 a try go for it. Here are the basics for Cooler 1:

EAT 6 MEALS PER DAY WITH THE LAST MEAL AT 6:00 PM
MEALS SHOULD BE SPREAD OUT EVERY 2-3 HOURS

- 1 APPLE
- CHICKEN, TUNA, EGG WHITES, TURKEY, BISON, ELK, NON-OILY FISH
          FIVE X 5 oz SERVINGS
- RAW VEGGIES: CUCUMBERS, RADISHES, TOMATOES, CELERY, LETTUCE,   ASPARAGUS, GREEN BEANS, SPROUTS
         FIVE X 1 1/2 -CUP SERVINGS
- YAMS AND/OR SWEET POTATOES
         1 OVER YHE COURSE OF THE DAY
- OATMEAL COOKED WITH WATER
         1 CUP COOKED
- 1 GALLON WATER OVER THE COURSE OF THE DAY
- NO JUICE
- NO BREAD
-NO SALAD DRESSINGS, ONLY LEMON JUICE

Remember to plan out your meals for the day, and pack your cooler even if you are going to run a few errands. It is better to be prepared with clean eats so you are not tempted to go through the drive through or pig out on something at home that isn't clean. I always take a cooler to the gym with clean eats in it to have in the car because I usually have other places to go so I make sure to re-fuel my body with good nutrient dense foods. Good luck to those who are daring enough to try Cooler 1!! I will post my food and workouts at the end of the day.

7 comments:

  1. Day 1 of Cooler 1
    meal 1: 1/2 cup oats (dry measured) with 1 tbl sp each of wheat germ and ground flax
    meal 2: chicken and egg white scramble with green beans seasoned with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder
    meal 3: protein shake mixed w/water 1 med apple
    meal 4: more chicken and egg whites
    meal 5: paprika chicken, asparagus, small sweet potato
    I did get in my gallon of water
    gym: arms 4 sets of 15 for each exercise super set biceps and triceps
    dumbbell biceps curls with triceps kick backs
    one arm dumbbell preacher curl with french press(skull crushers)
    hammer curls with over the head triceps pulls
    triceps push downs with plated hammer curls
    swam for 30 min working on form, did some sprints, and them arms only

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 2 of Cooler 1
    Meal 1: 1/2 cup oats with 1 tbl sp each of wheat germ and ground flax
    Meal 2: chicken and egg white scramble (same as day before)
    Meal 3: Protein shake mixed with water, 1 apple
    Meal 4: Paprika chicken with asparagus
    Meal 5: Turkey and sweet potato
    I am on my last glass of water YIPPEE!!
    My workout was as follows:
    Chest and shoulders super set
    incline chest press and lateral shoulder raises
    incline chest press and front delt raises
    flat back flies and shoulder press w/ dumbbells
    peck deck machine and rear dealt flies
    plated shoulder raises cable cross overs
    I used lighter weights and did 4 sets of 15 each
    swam 30 min focus on form and breathing nice steady pace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day 3 and it is not getting any easier, I keep staring at bottles of wine in my wine rack and keep having to tell my self NO! Ha Ha Ha and since spring break started for jay's school I was all thrown off my schedule, I hate short day! So today went as follows:
    Meal 1: Protein mixed w/water, 1 apple
    Meal 2: Salad made with lettuce, cucumber, radish, tomato, and lemon juice for dressing
    Meal 3: Chicken breast and green beans
    Meal 4: Made some game hens for dinner, with asparagus and sweet potato
    ( I missed a meal)
    Workout was back today
    pull ups
    dumbbell rows
    wide grip lat pull downs
    close grip lat pull downs
    t-bar
    seated cable rows
    cybex eagle row one arm at a time
    keeping the weight light and going for 4 sets of 15

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day 4 and it's finally getting easier!!! If you can make it past the first couple of days you are good! They are the hardest part about Cooler 1 I think, no matter how many times you do it, it never gets any easier to start, so just stick with it!!
    Meal 1: Oatmeal with wheat germ and ground flax (same as before)
    Meal 2: protein shake mixed w/ water, 1 apple
    Meal 3: left over game hen and asparagus
    Meal 4: egg white scrambled mixed in with my sweet potato and seasoned w/ a little cinnamon
    Meal 5: Salad made with lettuce, cucumber,tomato, radish, and chicken, lemon juice for dressing
    Tomorrow will be the true test since I will be at work all day......
    Workout:
    Swim for 45 min, did my 600 rep challenge and ran 3 1/2 miles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Day 5 of Cooler 1
    I new today was going to be tuff since I had to work and I am usually too busy to even run to the bathroom. I packed my cooler anyway with the hope that maybe I could eat some of my food........
    Meal 1 (at 8:30 a.m.) Oatmeal w/ wheat germ and ground flax
    Meal 2 (at around 4 p.m.) protein shake mixed w/ water
    Meal 3 (at 8:45 p.m.) I just got home and was STARVING!!!! Chicken breast and sweet potato
    I was only able to get in half of my water but I am currently drinking more right now. Oh yeah, I was able to run to the bathroom at 3p.m. and I did do my quick 600 rep workout this morning, I am tired, and very thirsty!! Lets hope tomorrow at work will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today at work was not any better than yesterday....It is so hard when I am at work and we are really busy. So this is what I had to eat today, Please if you can get in at least 5 of the 6 meals required, If I were to wake up early I could easily get in 6 meals but....I like my sleep. :)
    Meal 1: Oatmeal w/ ground flax and wheat germ
    Meal 2: Egg whites and green beans
    Meal 3: 3 boiled eggs and 2 stalks of celery
    I am still working on getting the rest of my water i for the day.
    No work out today it was a rest day for me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Day 7, Last day on Cooler 1!!! I survived!!! Yippee!!
    Meal 1: Scrambled egg whites and oat meal (made the same)
    Meal 2: Protein mixed w/water and 1 apple
    Meal 3: Tuna mixed with asparagus and lemon juice
    Meal 4: Chicken breast, broccoli, sweet potato
    Meal 5: Salad made with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and chicken, lemon juice for dressing
    I have lost 3 lbs, and I have tighter abs and leaner legs!!! I will keep my eating clean, not as restrictive as cooler 1 but more like cooler 2, get the book if you want all cooler plans, it gets a little more complicated after cooler 1 and is much easier to follow if you have the eat clean diet book, and eat clean diet cookbook
    Good luck to you all who have decided to try cooler 1! Let me know how it goes and of your results.

    ReplyDelete