My Progress

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Running through the tears.......

As the week comes to an end and with it the Race for the Cure, I find my self getting very emotional. All this week as I have been running on my treadmill I keep thinking of how Saturday morning will be and the feeling of it, and I can't help but start to cry. I see my friend with her fashionably cute short hair, (Brought on by chemo) and her big beautiful smile that is so contagious. I can't even imagine what it must be like to have to go through such a difficult thing as cancer. Yes, I have had family who have suffered from other forms of this horrible disease, my dad and grandpa both had a form of melanoma on there face, nothing too serious I am happy to say. My mother-in-law also had a form of melanoma, a mouth cancer. She had under gone radiation treatments, had a piece of her tounge removed, and all of her lymph nodes removed. Now she has some bone loss in her jaw because of the radiation, but has been in remission for quite some time now. Thankfully these cases weren't as serious as some of those suffering with breast cancer. These women that will be at the race on saturday are some of the strongest, both physically and mentally, women we will ever meet. Sure running a marathon is a hard, it challenges your body and your mind. It takes months to train for, it's painful at times, and sometimes you just want to throw in the towel and give up, but you dig deeper and keep on going until you reach the finish line. But for those suffering with cancer, some will never see the finish line, no matter how hard they try. These women have to find strength from some place deeper to keep going, and not give up. They put on there game faces so they're loved ones don't see just how painful it is at times. They live each moment as if it's there last, who knows what tomorrow will bring. If you decide you would like to participate there will me registration in the morning on saturday at 7 am, or if you don't want to walk/run just come and support these fabulous women. I will be there running with tears I am sure. Remember these women are some ones Mother, Sister, Aunt, Daughter, Wife, Partner, Friend, HERO. Please support the cause.....

No comments:

Post a Comment