My Progress

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Excuses, Excuses

I just got my nest issue of Oxygen Magazine in the mail the other day. I love getting it, it's like christmas for me once a month. As I was flipping through it looking at all the fit and beautiful women in it I can't help but get excited to train and get in my next workout. I love how the magazine is filled with workouts you can do at home or the gym and all of the yummy clean recipes in it. As always I hurry and turn to  Jamie Eason's article to read first. Jamie Eason is one of my favorites in the mag and sort of my idle. I want to look like her! Any way, she was talking about excuses. "Excuses are like underwear, most people have them and many are full of holes." The article really got me thinking and I will be letting go of my excuses and so should you. There will always be those excuses holding you back from the gym or eating right. Most everyone has them. You can tell the ones that do, they are the ones at the gym not pushing there bodies like they should, watching t.v. or reading a book while supposedly doing cardio. They are the ones that will never change their image. You have to get focused, and get your mind straight, and have no more excuses. Yes you do have the time, instead of playing around on the computer, watching you favorite shows on t.v., or sleeping in in the mornings. You can prepare meals or get in a quick workout session, don't let those excuses have control over you, aren't you worth it to be in the best physical shape possible, aren't you worth it to be healthy? Isn't your family worth it? Do crunches, lunges, push-ups or dips during a comercial break. Get off the couch and get moving. Clean out your cubbards and refridgerator form junk foods and stock them with plenty of whole grains, eggs, fresh fruit and veggies, lean protein. Make it a point to cook you protein in advance and freeze it so it is always easy to heat up and eat instead of un-healthy diet foods. (Yes those lean pockets and lean cuisines are bad for you!!) Start eating clean and working out and you will look and feel amazing! Remember true fat loss doesn't happen over night and there are no quick fixes and no magic diet pills, but it will happen safely and gradually over time in a healthy way that is good for you. I will leave you with this from Jamies article.
"The notion that you can start when you finally have more time, or that you have been doing everything that you can to eat healthy but to no avail, is just bogus - these excuses are simply "holes" in our logic. I know that we do not want to have to give up the things in life that we love, but wouldn't it be nice to know that we are in control of what goes into our bodies and that we have done all that we can to prolong our lives for our families and loved ones? Remember, no excuses and no regrets!"

No comments:

Post a Comment