My Progress

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Motivation.......

What motivates you to make you get up and get in that workout? Wether you are going to the gym or working out at home. Are you really truly pushing your self to get through another set of lunges, or pushing yourself to go faster and sweat more. I have been motivated in a very special way this year. I have always wanted to place in a 5k race but have never really tried to push my self to go faster. I was fine at my 29 min. 5k time. I have recently decided to run the Race for the Cure this coming May. It is not a timed race and no awards are given out at the end to the top finishers. I am doing it for a friend of mine who has stage 4 breast cancer. She is a wonderful person so full of life and has the most amazing smile. Her zest for living and positive attitude is amazing despite everything she has to go through on a daily basis. Not only does she have breast cancer she is a single mother of 2 young boys. It just breaks my heart that such a beautiful person has to suffer this way. My heart and prayers go out to her and her little family. I am doing this Race for a Cure to help get the word out about Breast Cancer and to hopefully raise money for a cure. I have shaved time off of my 5k, the fastest I have ran was on my treadmill at 26:20. As I am training and running faster I picture my self on the day of the race, running through a sea of pink. I see My dear friend and her two sweet little boys in the crowd of supporters cheering me and all the other runners/walkers on. I see my wonderful husband and my two kids also there in support of the cause. I keep going faster and see my self nearing the finish as I get closer to the 3.2 mile mark. The adrenaline starts pumping harder and my legs start moving faster. I can do this. That is what pushes me, that's what will make me a faster runner. I can see hope and a cure at the finish line. Not a medal, but a true reward, just knowing that the first time I was able to place in a 5k  was for hope and a cure. That is the best reward. I hope I can inspire all of you to join me on that day and either run or walk for the Race for the Cure. You can go tho this website www.komenslc.org/RaceForTheCure/tabid/75/Default.aspx
and sign up or you may also make a donation. Pleas help this great cause.  Thanks, and happy training! Race day is Saturday May 8, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment