My Progress

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Swimming.....an AWESOME workout

I was on Toscareno.com looking at the forum and the recipes from other clean eaters and thought this one for firecracker pork looked really yuumy. Plus it's a crock pot reciepe! Even better. I will have to try this one for sure in next few days. If you try it before me let me know how you liked it.

Time for a Swim!!!!
If you want a low impact total body workout that is fun, take up swimming! I love to get in the pool! The nice thing about swimming is that it works you arms, shoulders, chest, legs, butt, back and abs! Seriously a killer workout, and you only have to get in and do it for 20-30 min to feel it's effects. If you are not a great swimmer that's o.k. too. get a kick board. I use one to really work my legs. Also you can use weighted pool belts, most pools/gyms provided them, and walk the length of the pool. You can also use the pool weights they may have. The pool weights look like plastic dumbbells.  If you want you could look into lessons like I did last year. I buddied up with my dad and we went to Dimple Dell Rec. Center and it was about $60 each for semi private lessons, 4-30 min. sessions. That was all it took for us to get the basics down and swim on our own. So go by yourself, or buddy up and get in the pool! It will lift your spirits to get wet and get in an awesome workout! It gets me out of the winter blues and makes it feel like summer. Good luck to you all and have fun swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment