My Progress

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Workingout while sick

Hello All,
I thought a perfect topic today would be exercising when you are sick. It is perfect because I am suffering from a huge head cold. First if all you can't use having a cold as an excuse not to workout. You can still get in your exercise, so sorry to get you out of getting fat while sitting on the couch sulking in your illness. As long as you illness is something minor like a head cold you are totally capable, but if you have say Bronchitis, Flu, Walking phnemonia or something where the Doctor says to rest then you shouldn't exercise. Basically the rule is if it is from the neck up you are o.k. to workout, if it is from the neck down then you need to rest. One thing I do when I am sick is I will find workouts I can do at home so I don't spread my sick germs all over the gym. Bodyrock.tv has a lot of good exercises you can do at home or outside with little equipment. They are killer workouts though, but I like them because they are really intense and don't take a lot of time to do. Also you want to make sure you stay hydrated. Make sure you are drinking lots and lots of water. Not only when you are sick but on a daily basis. Make sure to that you are sticking to your clean meals when sick. Good luck!! :)



Today I will be doing Zuzana's (bodyrock.tv) 15 min. killer cardio workout, then do some shoulder exercise then finish with Zuzana's extreme 15 min. workout. This whole thing should take about 45 minutes to complete. If you are interested in what the workouts consist of go to Bodyrock.tv My shoulders I will be doing some dumbbell shoulder press's, lateral raises, Work my rear delts and front delts and some shrugs for my traps.
My diet today is as follows:
Breakfast: banana, and green tea ( I felt horrible this morning)
Snack: 1/4c lowfat cottage cheese with raspberries
Lunch: Paprika Chicken in a green salad with balsamic vinegar for dressing
Snack: 2 stalks celery
Dinner: Chicken tacos
Lean ground chicken seasoned w/pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder. Whole wheat low-carb soft tortilla's, lettuce, tomato, onion, and avacado YUM!! If you don't like ground chicken you may also use lean ground turkey or bison. Do not use beef, it is too high in fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment