My Progress

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

#1 rule to weight loss........

BREAKFAST!!!
Yes you heard me, you need to eat a good clean breakfast every morning. You can't expect great results in dieting if you are skipping the most important meal of the day. You wouldn't send your kids off to school without eating something first would you? So why should you make your body and mind suffer? I am not talking about a cup of coffee and a muffin from starbucks here, but something that will get your body and mind working. It only makes sense to eat first thing in the morning. Your body has just fasted all night long and needs fuel to get going. That is why it is called "Breakfast" because you are breaking your fast from the long night. If you are not a big breakfast person you can have some fruit like an apple or banana, some lowfat yogurt is a good choice too. Of course the best thing to start your day off right is oatmeal and some scrambled egg whites. 


I am getting ready to go do my in home work out today. I woke up with a bit of a head cold so I am going to keep it quick and simple. I will be doing Zuzana's (bodyrock.tv) 20 min. cardio workout and doing some weight training on my arms today. I should be done in less than an hour!! How Awesome is that. Here is my food for the day:
Breakfast:  1/2 cup oats with 1 table spoon each wheat germ and ground flax, I small banana, I cup green tea
Snack: 1 apple
Lunch: Egg white scramble- 4 egg whites, purple onion, red green and yellow bell peppers, top with 1/2 avacado and 1 tablespoon salsa
snack: 2 stalks of celery
Dinner: Paprika chicken, green salad with balsamic vinegar for dressing, steamed broccoli.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! Nice muscles! Mine looked like that in high school. Nice blog btw!

    ReplyDelete